View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #2198
WordTrix
Gabfest Goddess

JenniK: Blackbird sisters? Sorry you did not like the latest Patterson. I've never read him myself, though I think sister and bil have most of his books.

I finally finished Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy last Thursday. Long, but really good. Am glad I read it, even if it did take me twice as long as it should have. The consequences of not being home three consecutive weekends, lol!

Friday evening I started The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling, one of my October group reads. I think I got about 30 pages into it. Then late that night I rudely kept up by upstairs neighbors, so not being able to sleep I reached for a book, figuring I would read until I was able to sleep.

Except...instead of reaching for Rowling, I instead started one I hadn't planned on reading until end of November/early December for a Christmas reading challenge: Merry Christmas, Baby by Vicki Lewis Thompson and two other authors, Jennifer LaBrecque and Rhonda Nelson. I read most of the first story before I was finally able to sleep--somewhere around 4am.

And then I had to get up four hours later...

Am almost done with the second story in that one, about 65% of the book. Will finish this one before returning to JK Rowling.

Heather

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!