View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #2198
Gabfest Goddess

JenniK: Blackbird sisters? Sorry you did not like the latest Patterson. I've never read him myself, though I think sister and bil have most of his books.

I finally finished Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy last Thursday. Long, but really good. Am glad I read it, even if it did take me twice as long as it should have. The consequences of not being home three consecutive weekends, lol!

Friday evening I started The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling, one of my October group reads. I think I got about 30 pages into it. Then late that night I rudely kept up by upstairs neighbors, so not being able to sleep I reached for a book, figuring I would read until I was able to sleep.

Except...instead of reaching for Rowling, I instead started one I hadn't planned on reading until end of November/early December for a Christmas reading challenge: Merry Christmas, Baby by Vicki Lewis Thompson and two other authors, Jennifer LaBrecque and Rhonda Nelson. I read most of the first story before I was finally able to sleep--somewhere around 4am.

And then I had to get up four hours later...

Am almost done with the second story in that one, about 65% of the book. Will finish this one before returning to JK Rowling.

When you follow the sheep, you end up in sheep dip.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!