Challenge Title: Peaceful Pink
Hostess: nillysilly_ol'bear - Jennifer
Date: Monday, October 15, 2012
Well it was Valentine's Day of this year when I found THAT lump.... you know what I mean - the one that makes your world turn upside down & all of THOSE thoughts go through your head. nothing seems the same again.
when going through biopsies and surgeries and tests and dr.'s visits and treatments and then more tests and more hosptial visits, plus the emotions that are just ALL over the place, it's hard to find a sense of peace some days. sometimes I have to take it 5 minutes by 5 minutes as opposed to hour by hour or day by day. The battle isn't over yet, but I try to find comfort where I can.
So my challenge for you is to create a card that evokes peace, calm, and serenity with a touch (or splash!) of pink. no pressures, no requirements other than to just enjoy, embrace, and have fun while you are making it!
I have learned, most especially through this journey, that nature is very important to me. I covet the trees that surround my house and forest the hills of our little town. I find such joy watching the squirrels and chipmunks play on my front porch. But more than anything the lovely birds outside my window have brought me such comfort with their delightful melodies. When the side effects of the chemo would get really bad, I could listen to the birds singing and find peace in their music. This is the reasoning behind my cards.
I hope you enjoy creating a card for this challenge! I look forward to seeing your beautiful projects! don't forget that there are LOTS of prizes up for grabs thanks to our fab sponsors!!!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE, HYCCT1215A - Peaceful Pink
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, HYCCT1215A
for this challenge, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive! The cards really DO make a difference! I also want to thank Dini, Misstreez, muzbysmom, sewsplendidstamper, LuvLee, and pattyb for creating sample projects to inspire you for this challenge. Jennifer