View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
StampingQueenJAR
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Yahoo to StampingQueenJAR
Default TLC399 ~ Acrylic Block Collage ~ (10/15/12)

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed your weekend! And I hope you are playing in the HYCCT Challenges!

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of traveling to Georgia and meeting up with some of my Hambo Stamps DT members and friends. Of course we all spent some time together stamping (among other things - mostly laughter!). One of the techniques that we had fun with was what I call Acrylic Block Collage.

It differs a bit from the "regular" Acrylic Block technique, in that, within your block color, you create a collage of images and then stamp over or next to that with other images in darker colors.

My amazing friend, Melissa Edwards, gave me permission to share some of her samples here (thumbnails), and I give her full credit for our inspiration that weekend in Georgia!

Anyway, it's super easy to do.
1. Using markers or stamp pads, ink up an acrylic block (your choice in size - we used straight edged blocks as well as wavy edged) with 2-4 colors, beginning with the lightest color and moving to the darkest.

2. Spritz the block with water and immediately stamp onto cardstock (we used white most of the time - or kraft occasionally). Let dry (a few minutes at most).

3. Mask the rest of the cardstock so only the stamped block area is showing (we used 2 post it notes thick around the whole block area so the ink didn't bleed through to the rest of the card).

4. Stamp several other images using light and/or darker colors (your choice), filling as much or as little of your block area as you wish.

5. Remove the masks and stamp another image and/or sentiment in the darkest color (most of the time we used black ink for a good contrast).

6. Voila!

And yep -- ONE LAYER BEAUTIES!

My sample: NEVER IMITATE

TLC 399 Gallery Submissions

When uploading, please use KEYWORD TLC399 (no spaces!).

~Enjoy your day~

Melissa's samples:
Attached Thumbnails
do-all-things-love.jpg   gentle-way%5D.jpg   what-you-see.jpg   strength-hope.jpg   travel-well.jpg  

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!