View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
Rachelrose
Die Cut Diva

Framelits and other open dies - so easy! Closed back dies - another kettle of fish. You have to cut and then stamp. But if you fall in love with a stamp set and the dies for it are closed back, you'll figure out how to get through cutting and THEN stamping. Everyone has their tricks and will be glad to share. My tip: "Oh well, it doesn't have to be perfectly centered to look okay, this is hand stamping after all!" I find this tip to be excellent for my mental health.

I saw something very interesting regarding paper piercing on a YouTube video the other day. I was actually watching it for colored pencil techniques, but the woman used a dark blue Distress Ink on the edges of her CS and when she pierced she did it from the back and then turned the CS over and used one of those fine sanding blocks to sand off the poked in paper and it left a slight white border around the holes.

Perhaps I'm the last person in the paper piercing universe to learn this, but I was impressed.

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!