View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #185
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
i am still on the fence with an electronic/computerized cutter. i was at a craft show last weekend and a booth had old doors, some with new/distressed paint. but they all had quotes across them in vinyl letters. for the cost of one door, i could buy a $300 cutter and do it myself. which one does long strings of words (maybe not the whole phrase, but not just one letter at a time), manipulates the size, etc. best. not a cartridge system. and will i always need my laptop on my computer table. i've never seen one up close and personal in use. i have tons of questions and watch this forum for discussion on them all the time.
Most of the cutters on the market will do what you want. Silhouette Cameo is made for a constant feed. I have friends who use vinyl without a mat and some of their fabrics. I know the Cameo has tutorials how to do this.

I have a lot of posts on die cutters. If you do a search for your choice die cutter and my screen name in the advanced search box you can find a lot of my posts.

I am going to be backing away from discussing die cutters. I know some of you are celebrating, lol. I answer about three hundred questions per week on various forums, e-mail and private PM's on die cutters. I have lupus and it's been flaring up worse than ever. I have been really sick lately. I am taking a break from a few things to get lots of rest.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!