Challenge Title: READ ALL ABOUT IT
Hostess: Misstreez (Theresa)
Date: Sunday, October 14th, 2012
Words! They're all around us. We use the written word to communicate to each other. Many people have taken the time to write, and sometimes share, their personal experiences, good and bad, about challenges faced, fears overcome, triumphs and survivals. We read these stories to gain an understanding, appreciation and find an inspiration we might be able to apply to our lives.
Many personal stories about breast cancer have been recorded in the written word also, so that we can better understand what the people affected by the disease are going thru. It's during these times of great challenges that the words of hope, encouragment, peace, and strength can have an uplifting effect for the reader.
My challenge to you today is to simply make a card that FEATURES TEXT in some way in your creation. Use a stamp, patterned paper or even pages from a book, but use text somewhere and have a little bit of fun creating a card that will be well recieved. A bit short on ideas? Then check out the attachments for some text inspiration.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery
, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!