Challenge Title: Hope is the Thing!
Hostess: bfinlay (Bridget)
Date: Saturday, October 13, 2012
Hello, and welcome to day 13 of our HYCCT card drive - we're so delighted to have you join us!
My challenge for you is to be inspired by the poet
Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all.
Let your imagination fly with this, it can be anything that inspires you in this stanza about "hope" from Emily's poem, just let us know what it is in your card description - for example, your card could include birds , songs , music , or even something (anything!) "perching" . Or you could make a card without words ! It always leaves so much scope for the person sending the card as it can be used for any occasion!
For inspiration, check out the lovely samples made by Dina, Victoria, Kathy and Lori - thanks so much, girls!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Attachment 258987 Attachment 259345 Attachment 259411 Attachment 259410 Attachment 258988 Attachment 258989