WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #220
HEY TATE, MY DEAR MATE!
IT'S TIME TO DECORATE!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
This is my story!
1. It's that time of year, the leaves on trees have changed in color and are beginning to fly to the ground. That time of year when the dark branches become more visible and you can begin to see the outline of a big bad spooky Halloween tree! That time of year, when the big old tree on the corner of the street where you turn to get into my neighborhood looks just like the trees on this teapot! That time of year when soon, it will be the biggest baddest haunted Halloween tree this side of my house! Eeeekkkk!!! That time of year, when it's almost Halloween. That time of year, when things are soon to go bump in the night!
little batgirls ready to soar
One stayed behind, and now there are four.
Four little batgirls hanging from a tree;
One fell down, and now there are three.
Three little batgirls wondering what to do,
One flew away and now there are two.
Two little batgirls just having fun,
One fell asleep leaving only one.
One little batgirl, flying through the gate,
All dressed up, and soon to meet her mate!
Meet Morticia and Tate, they met at the gate. Neither one was late, so it must have been fate. Morticia and Tate, are now each other's mate! They'll always remember their first date at the gate!
2. Morticia has always lived in a cave, always taught to behave. She's used to hanging upside down and just flying around and around! It is really, really weird, it's what her mother always feared! That she'd end up with a dare-devil bat, who takes a nap hanging from a witches hat! Just look at that mouse living inside this haunted old house! She's very, very skeered! But this house is not be feared! This place is just great! This place is her fate! What did you say, Tate? Come with me Dear Mate, it's time to celebrate!
3. She loves her new mate and to be quite honest, she sorta wants to show off Nate and her new house to her four little batgirl friends! She's so excited to invite them in for tea! A Halloween Tea! And who knows, if she invites her friends and Tate invites his friends, maybe her four little batgirl buddies will also find a mate! Oh how exciting! But how does she get them to agree to have tea? To fly to the gate to meet her mate, Tate?
4. Tate's never lived in a cave, he doesn't ever behave! He's never been to a tea, but how hard could this be? She know's it's decor, that will entice these four! But she's running out of time, the leaves on the trees are changing and they're beginning to fall! This new home of hers needs help and she knows who to call! Hey Tate, my Dear Mate! It's time to decorate!
5. Bring spooky, bring scary, bring spiders all hairy! Bring bats, witches hats, big ole black scary cats! Bring a carved pump-kin, bring those things that go bump-kin! Bring ghosties and goulies and Halloween goblins. Bring gnarly trees, bring trees without leaves! Bring all that is scary but more important than that, bring a Halloween Bat! We've got four little batgirls who will be choosing their mate. Hope they find happy times, just like Morticia and Tate!
Bring a Halloween card! You guessed it! Bring all that is spookey!
EPEC (Extra Points for Extra Cookies!)
Don't tell Morticia I said this but those 4 little batgirl buddies of hers are really quite picky! With 42,000 bats, we have a better chance of hooking them up with the bat of their dreams! We need 42,000 bats! So, extra cookies for......
And one more thing, rumor has it that dancing chihuahua's are da bomb when it comes to a Halloween Teaparty! I have even heard they are the entertainment of choice for bats! Do any of you know any dancing chihuahua's you can bring along?
This week our destination is Lexington, Kentucky. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Angelique? Angelique was brought to our attention by fellow SCSer and Teapotter, Lydia (understandblue).
Angelique is a very good friend of Lydia's who recently had some emergency surgery go bad.
To find the address to mail your cards to as well as some more information about Angelique's circumstances, please visit Post #319
in the Teapot Tuesday Destination Station thread. Please remember that just because you participate in a Teapot Tuesday challenge that is combined with a card drive request, it does not mean that you are REQUIRED to send your cards. It is totally 100% voluntary!
Here is my card.
Here is the awesome card
that Lydia made for her friend!
Here is a Quick Link
to the Teapot Tuesday #220 Challenge Gallery.
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT220 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Mothermark permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!