View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #182
paigewithpanache
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
i am still on the fence with an electronic/computerized cutter. i was at a craft show last weekend and a booth had old doors, some with new/distressed paint. but they all had quotes across them in vinyl letters. for the cost of one door, i could buy a $300 cutter and do it myself. which one does long strings of words (maybe not the whole phrase, but not just one letter at a time), manipulates the size, etc. best. not a cartridge system. and will i always need my laptop on my computer table. i've never seen one up close and personal in use. i have tons of questions and watch this forum for discussion on them all the time.
ecraft by Craftwell has attachment on back of machine that will hold a roll allowing for a continuous cut. And since machine doesn't use a mat so you can continue without having to change the mat.
The Cricut of course does use cartridges, but they do have the 12x24 mat allowing larger cuts. I really like my cricut a lot! I just made a card with words (smaller scale) and I thought it did a really good job. I just posted a picture of it. Everything was cut using my Cricut. paigewithpanache.blogspot.com