View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #65
cat_woman
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
Well, it looks like I'm now going to have to seriously consider whether to go with the Zing or Cameo. I literally have thousands of silhouette files so I'll just have to keep my SD for those, and get the Zing for bigger projects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
Technically, you could cut other things with them. You would have to do a fill in silhouette studio, screen shot, and then trace in another program. It would definitely be something I would do as I need them and not all at once.
I'll be posting a method of converting your .studio files to .svg on my blog. I'm hoping to have the tutorial finished and up on my blog by Sunday. So those of us with a few files (I have over 1200) can use other cutting software. I'm hoping by early spring I will be the proud owner of a new Zing - which uses MTC - and will still be able to use the Silhouette files I purchased.

Also, I'll be posting a tutorial on my method to fix Silhouette print & cut. Its been an issue with it not lining up for a lot of users, and I finally sat down and bashed out a method today that will give virtually perfectly aligned print & cuts.

So if you're interested, check my blog Sunday afternoon (I sleep late on the weekends )
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!