View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #179
paigewithpanache
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
Your not a real Cricut user if your not an addict, ROFL! Your not a real Martha Stewart punch user if your not an addict, lol. You know, I have one of the Martha Stewart cake cartridges, lol. I prefer her punches. It's that clean edge thing. I adore her punches.

Disclaimer- I am teasing Cricut girls. I know a lot of Cricut girls who only own five cartridges and make stunning things. I know girls who own all three hundred and hardly use the cartridges.

I own a lot of cartridges but I have been collecting seven years. I use my Cricut differently than most Cricut users. Hence big cartridge collection because it was a need in my arsenal toolbox. My friends RPG so I take my Cricut with me and make the displays. I make Jolees' embellishments. I make other embellishments, Kawaii artwork, Mixed Media, etc....

I have a friend who scrapbooks and she has three cartridges and her creations are just WOW! She would find it silly to own a Hello Kitty cartridge when all she does is titles. She uses DS and manipulates her designs when she wants something custom.

I love collections. I love my art studio. My DH & I are buying a home soon and the first remodel project will be a greenhouse. We collect plants.

Paige- Jealous of your Tarot collection. I love to see it. I have a Brian Froud set. Did you see the Jasmine Beckett Griffith set? It's at Barnes & Noble.
Hi
That was sewnmachine with the T cards. Not to step on anybodys toes but I stay away from that kind of thing.

There are so many beautiful cartridges you can't blame a person for wanting them! I was mostly saying that if a person is hung up on the cartridge purchasing, only a few really are needed.
You really had my attention with the M.S. punches! I was almost at a ban situation with them. haha A few friends of mine were experiencing theirs going dull before other punches would(even with foil or wax paper)so I feared investing in them for myself. I was an EK and Fiskars fan and then found out EK also makes the M.S punches! I don't know if EK slacks in the design change between the 2 or if maybe they really have improved. So anyway, I have been thinking lately maybe I should give them a try because I think they are beautiful.