09-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Warsaw, MO
HYCCT1212 Start Spreading the News Chatter Thread
I used one of Mo Manning’s gorgeous digital images on my card, inspired by the song “Embraceable You” from An American In Paris.
I love this image so much, and I love the solidarity and support that it conveys.
Thank you so much for your willingness to be an encouragement to someone who needs it!!
TWO lucky winners will be drawn from all my participants to receive a free digital stamp from Mo Manning's shop, Mo's Digital Pencil!
Be sure to check back after the upload deadline to see if you're a winner!!
Challenge Summary: Create a card inspired by a song (title or lyrics) from a musical or movie.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package each challenge entry with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their families. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!
Here are some samples to get you started - special thanks to Ardyth, Tam, Bridget, and Judy for helping me out!!