View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #173
paigewithpanache
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan B View Post
I have the Silhouette. And the Big Shot.

Manual Die advantages -- the result is a more finished edge -- often rounded down. Looks nicer (but I often get a dirty mark if I don't use wax paper). And some, like Spellbinders, produces the beautiful embossed edge. Faster if you only want one image.

disadvantages -- money, storage, limited to size of die, time consuming if you want multiples of one image.

Sihouette -- LOVE this machine. I can make multiples of tags, change the size and shape of any image, make my own images, cut out any size letters in any font I have, make words, make any shaped card, etc. I just LOVE this machine. The best money I've spend on papercrafting in a very long time.

However, it isn't perfect -- no machine is. It can be wonky, sometimes the cuts are not clean and there is the cost of blades and mats. Nothing is free.

It's personal preference. I don't see myself buying a lot of dies in the future.
I was going back and was reading these post and really like your fair honest review!
I totally agree about how some of the dies are just the best for the edges!! I think of Spellbinders sealing the edge nice! haha
I bought a used Cricut Create and absolutly love it!! But also agree that I think no matter which machine you go with, your going to experience at times a rough edge or something because you don't get blade setting or pressure just right for type of paper or card stock being used. I would love a have a Silhouette too if I can find a good deal on a used one. Let me know if anybody has a good working one they want to sell.

As far as the Cricut cartridges taking up space(other comments above)...that's only because the collectors want them. I have found out quickly there are only a few cartridges that are needed to really have a huge selection of patterns. So if I end up buying anymore than those it's my own fault for lacking self control. haha I really love what I have and can use it along with my stamping and other projects.