View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 AM   #15
Candlequeen
Inking Addict

I have sold lots of stamps and craft items on ebay and have done pretty well. In most cases I start out low, knowing I'll never make my money back anyways, just intending to basically clear out the craft room on things I haven't used in years or crafts I no longer do. It surprises me when there are bidding wars going on for some items and the ending bid is more than double what I paid for it. lol. But that is a rare instance, don't ever count on it. I never do reserve, and I can't afford free shipping. In most cases shipping from here to back east is outrageous and since my items are so low, shipping would exceed the item cost and fees. I always offer combined shipping. I find that stamps can usually fit in a padded bubble wrap envelope so it goes by first class package rate and makes the buyer happier. As for boxes, I only use priority mail boxes (free boxes) so I can get pickup by USPS at my door. Due to my disability I can't get to the post office. I don't do international shipping because of the hassle involved with customs and shipping costs. But if you can do international shipping it may be worth it to you. There are buyers out there. I do check for closed or open listings for the same stamps to see what others are charging, but do keep in mind some of them are outrageous prices. Who is going to pay over $100 for one stamp? That amazes me. One suggestion, if you find you have a few stamps you just can't sell no matter what, try grouping them together as one lot. Set a low price on it and it just may sell. People like what they perceive to be a bargain. The main thing is, have fun with it. Get rid of stuff you don't use and then you'll have a few dollars to buy something new. lol.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!