View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #1554
JBgreendawn
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

well no, not really but the game plan for us was ( this is a college town) to rent to older retirement aged people... ( because, they would not be having wild punch holes in the walls parties) and that has worked out just fine. We like our former neighbors ( we lived in that house 17 years) and those neighbors are in their 70's so the guys always joke we are gonna find a blonde and a redhead ( 21 year olds ) to share the house lol... but, we go for older people...

so it hasn't been a hassle, but the first couple lived there almost 5 years ( then the wife passed away the husbands kids moved him to new mexico) then this guy ( he's retirement age he shared the house with his sister and she moved to CA in feb, then his kids and grandkids moved there recently so... he doesnt want to be the only person he's related to in Or.... makes sense. so the people we know who know someone who are looking for a house are younger. ( not young young but, not retirement age either) so we are hopeful to get it re-rented quickly.

the thing with older people is... they have grand kids... so, two screens need replaced. there is a spot in one bedroom that needs putty and paint. and every surface has an inch of dust on it. ( best bet, house has not been cleaned since the sister moved out...) there are cleaning bottles under all the sinks
so, friday will be spent moving what they left behind to the dump and starting the clean up so I can paint. I think I can get it done in about a week.

Last edited by JBgreendawn; 10-10-2012 at 07:01 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!