View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #43
Arizona
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoyce View Post
My daughter has a Cameo Silhouette, and she has cut out stamped images for me with amazing precision. So the answer to your question is Yes.
I would not be interested if you had to cut a blank piece of paper and then stamp on it--I would never get it precisely placed, even with a Stamp-a-ma-Jig.

I'm tempted to get the Portrait, but have asked her to tell me how important she thinks the LCD screen and SD card are. I'll share her answers . . . .
This is not exactly correct. For the eclips, you can cut pre-stamped images, but from what I can tell, only with stamps that have templates for the eclips which allow you to puncture your paper in the correct area to create registration marks. I do not own an eclips so I am unsure if this can be accomplished with stamps that do not have pre-made templates. You cannot create registration marks on an original stamped image for silhouette. You can however import the image into the software and make it a print and cut. I personally prefer the look of an ink stamped image rather than a printed one so I am stuck with making a blank to stamp upon. If your daughter has found a way to actually cut around an original stamped and colored image, I would love to know how she does this since I would prefer her method over stamping on a blank shape.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!