Candy bar frustrations!
I used my glue gun last night to do up the rest of the snowmen. My little bars that I made into little Frankensteins (which are very cute) all popped open, even with using my ATG gun and/or redline (well white line) tape.
So took an idea from here and grabbed the glue gun. I have two, one is cooler so I used that (cause of chocolate and all).
ONE STICK of glue for that gun and the others don't fit.
So went back to the hot gun, which is super old and it leaks and, um, its HOT.
the big bars went together great. No problem. And no problem keeping them together with the ATG and/or sticky tape but I did use the glue gun on them since it was out and hot.
But those little ones - they are rascals! I used cardstock from WalMart (Georgia Pacific brand I believe). Not as thick as most so it works nicely for things. But folding it around the little bars was very frustrating. I didn't use just copy paper because I figured it would show through. But maybe next time I will look at that.
either I didn't get the face where it needed to be or it wouldn't bend around the bar right.
I don't remember this from last year when I made them. Must be just me this year.
I did get them all glued together and hats on the big ones. I need to find mittens for the little ones and I will do that tonight and get them done!
It was a frustrating crafting night because of them - and that better not continue. Way too much to do to have that happen.
I made a list of things I still need to do and its way long. Not sure why this happened becasue I was on top of things, crafting away. But I did a bunch of teacher stuff and I think in my head I was thinking I was way ahead of the game. Well I am if everyone just wants teacher gifts! I now have to make all that stuff over again but not teacher themed.
One of these years I will learn!