View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #41
craftywitchAZ
Crimping Master

My crafting area (dining area of my not so formal living room) is also a hodge podge. I picked up a small 3 foot table from a lss that went out of business (i believe it is from IKEA). It's smaller than the desk I had before but fits my space nicely with a standard 2 drawer file cabinet on the left for my 8 1/2 x 11 CS and the right holds 2 cheapy nightstands stacked together for storing office supplies. My laptop and desktop caddy fit on the "desk". Above it I have a large bulletin board for a calendar and some of my art and to the left of that 2 Bygel rails with my whaletail punches. To the right above the nightstand shelving is an old cassette tape rack that holds my inkpads. Behind me is a 6 foot folding table that I use for my worksurface. It's not ideal but sturdy enough for stamping and it can be moved when I want my room to look less cluttered. Lastly on the wall under my staircase is a set of old kitchen cabinets that I found in the garage of a house we bought as a rental property. They are nicer than my actual kitchen cabinets the have 2 large deep drawers on the left and pull out shelves on the right. there is a narrow drawer on the top of both units and they are topped with a solid piece of wood. I have stair stepped my white target cubes on top of it to hold albums and embellies but my DH hates how it looks. I will take that set of cabinets wherever I go. The pull out shelves are perfect for my big shot to hide in without getting bumped off a counter and I hope to repurpose the deep drawers in it for stamp storage as they are in baskets in a smaller bookcase under the worktable. Most importantly, and I think most of you will agree, your crafting space is ALWAYS a work in progress and as long as you enjoy creating in it that's all you can hope for. Enjoy your special space.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!