View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #4467
brookskaren
Matboard Maniac

Default Hershey bar snowmen

Last year was my first attempt at the snowmen. I read about them so much that I finally convinced myself to try them at the only sale I did. They turned out cute and I sold them for $2.50 each. I sold about 30 of the 48 that I had done. I used regular copy paper because I had trouble getting the card stock to wrap neatly. I used sticky strip (red line tape) to hold the paper in place and I did not glue my little hats at all. I tied the scarves. I did use a bit of sticky strip on the bottom and crimped the end to keep the bar from slipping out. I did not have any problem with keeping the hats on or with smudging, etc. I had them in a double row in a plastic box that kept them tidy and I added more as they sold. I, too, put them near the center of the table out of the reach of smaller hands. I am doing them again this year and will likely make them the same way as last year, but I plan to make more this time since I will be doing another sale. I worked on hats tonight and have them all stitched, but it takes me forever to get them fringed, tied, and cuffed! Last year I used wire to wrap the fringe. This year I am using those tiny rubber bands that are almost clear and they are much cheaper and faster than the wire. Good luck everyone!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!