Thread: Copic Chatter
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #3988
bejoyce
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiejdavis View Post
So, Tombows are a different cat, in that they need watercolor paper? I am familiar with alcohol inks and love them, though they work best on glossy cardstock or transparency film. But, Copics will they work on the glossy paper? Or do they work best on high quality paper such as Gina K? Thanks to all of you for directing me a bit here. It took me forever to get all the different types of ink down now its markers! Shish. Such a problem to have....I am very grateful though for all that I am privileged to have! Thanks gals.
I would not use Tombows, or any markers, on watercolor paper. The paper is super-absobent and will suck the ink right out of the marker. (This includes Copics.) On watercolor paper, my coloring medium of choice is Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an AquaPainter.

Here's some useful information about Copics and watercolor paper, straight from the source:
I Like Markers: Copics & Watercolors, Part 2

Copics work best on cardstock like X-Press-It Blending Card or Gina K. Pure Luxury. I haven't tried them on glossy cardstock, but I don't think that would show them to their best advantage.
Color Challenge Guest Hostess May-December 2014
QFTD215
Are you Ready for HYCCT?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!