View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #35
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Deeann,
How is the Cameo for cutting chipboard or grungeboard? Do you know?
I am probably one of the only stamper's in the world that has never used Grungeboard. I know I am horrible, lol. I don't know if you can use it in the Cameo.

I have a BossKut Gazelle for chipboard. I use my Gazelle for all my chipboard work because it was designed for it. The old Silhouette (Graphtec) machines were made for detailed work. The Cameo still fits in that category. The motherboard is set up for detailed work and not heavy duty cutting. Heavy duty cutters are the Roland Machines- Gazelle, Eclips, Zing, Cricut

I have never cut chipboard in my Cameo. I do know some ladies have cut chipboard in their Cameo. They have used the cereal weight chipboard. I wouldn't even try an artist grade chipboard in the Cameo. I think it would be too hard on it. I know an artist that does beautiful acetate pieces on her Cameo. I am pretty sure thin chipboard would work.

Most of the chipboard creations I have seen the girls are using a different blade holder. They are using one of the aluminum blade holders. Construction wise that blade holder would work a lot better than the horrible blade holder that comes with the Cameo.

My DH designed me a new blade holder for my Cameo. I used it the other day to cut heavy cardstock and it cut like a dream. The blade holder that comes with the Cameo would not cut this cardstock.

Here's the blade holders that the girls are using to cut chipboard- graphtec blade holders | eBay

There is a Yahoo Silhouette group with a lot of hard core Silhouette users that have a lot of chipboard tips too. Here's that group- silhouetteusers : Quickutz Silhouette Users

Hope that helps.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!