View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
maslex
Mad Swapper

Default Any recommendations on a vacuum?

I have an OLD Electrolux that my mother in law gave me a couple years ago. I never really cared for it, but I needed a vacuum back then (plus low on $$$) so I took it. She had one and loved it. Then she decided to buy a NEW Electrolux but didn't like it. She said it didn't work as well as the older ones. So she gave her daughter the new one and went back to using her older one. That's when she decided to go to the vacuum store to purchase another old one and gave it to me.

Anyhow, I just don't like it. She thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread but I don't like that there doesn't seem to be much suction on it. No matter how many times I change the bag, it just doesn't seem to do what I need it to do. My mother in law has Pergo flooring throughout her house and the vacuum doesn't have any problems picking up stuff on the floors. I, however, have tile in the kitchen & bathroom, Pergo flooring in my room and carpeting throughout the rest of the house (living room, hallway and 2 other bedrooms). I does an okay job on the floors, but it seems to need a better suction on the carpets.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer a canister, don't really care for uprights. I've had the older Electrolux, a Sears Kenmore, a Meile upright, and I think 2-3 others that I really don't remember what they were.

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!! :D
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!