View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #4023
~CA~
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Oh, we are really going to be busy praying next Monday, CA - how did your testing go today - everything good? do they do that with a local or put you out? you are coming home the same day??
I saw the doctor's assistant first. Then, I went over to the hospital and paid my share of cost. They gave me a card to get 2 free meals, so my mom and I went to the cafeteria and had lunch. After that, I went to the lab and had blood drawn, to diagnostics for a chest x-ray, and to cardiology for an EKG. Finally, I went to the surgical center where a nurse explained how it will go when I get there next Monday. Apparently, I passed my tests because they're still planning on my surgery for Monday. I'm getting both local AND going sleepy bye. They are going to do a "block" which will numb my left arm for about 24 hours plus they still want me to take pain meds even though I won't be able to feel anything till the next day. Yes, I will be going home the same day. They said to take a good shower the morning of surgery because I won't be able to shower for a few days. I have to try to keep my arm elevated above my heart for a long time! They said that eventually, I'll be able to take a bath but keep my arm up on the side of the tub. Yikes!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!