View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #4454
DianeCraft
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I don't know about Diane. But I'm going to use the hot glue (mine is a cooler gun) to actually seal the wrap - my little bars (not the big ones, only the little) all came apart. I used the ATG gun, which worked great on the big bars. I then put the sticky tape (red line like) and the little ones stayed put, although some still were popping up. Someone here (probably Diane) said use the glue gun and I'm going to from now on. I will use that to glue the 'hats' on too. Cheaper than most adhesives and it will stay put! Nothing worse than regluing something you already glued.

I think she used the hot glue gun (or someone did) on the paperclip bookmarks too. I'm going to try that when I get around to mine.
Yes, glue gun is for sealing all the wrappers and also for adhering the hats. It is the best and cheapest. Before that, I used tacky glue before it occurred to me to try hot glue. It holds very well.

I have probably mentioned before I am a bit of a perfectionist. I hate it when the bars slide up and down OR when customers pull the bar out using the little end piece from the Hershey wrapper. So...I also dab a teeny bit of glue to the bottom tab of each bar and tuck it up inside before wrapping and gluing. It keeps the bar snug inside until it is opened for eating.

Someone was askin about paper for the wrappers. I always use cardstock because I find it helps the bar to be more resistant to breaking inside the wrapper.

I finished the other 4 boxes today. All 9 boxes are wrapped and have hats. I still have to tie all the hats though.
I sell so many because I do shows in different communities. This year, I have 8 shows in total, with only one of those being a two day show. So, I did add a couple extra boxes this year. For just one or two shows, I would probbaly just do 2 boxes. When I run out, I run out. I have lots of other items for people to choose from. Honestly, they are mostly a way to draw people to the table, as they can be very time consuming for the profit margin.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!