View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #14953
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy otter View Post
I'm sure your MIL would be thrilled to know you love them that much! What a lovely way to keep part of her with you!

I really feel for you having so much to go through. I remember going through Dad's apt. Sister couldn't deal with it and in all honesty she'd done so much looking after Dad before he died. So ex and I flew up a lot of weekends and I went my myself a few more. It was very sad but also sweet to have that sense of being immersed in everything from Dad's life. It was still very soon after he died and there were days when I could almost feel him in the room with me, smiling when I found something that made me smile. It was so strange to be in his apartment without him there, but I felt like the weekends it was just me, it was a time for me to sit with him and be close for a little bit longer before I had to let go. There was something very... not sure of the word, kind or tender or nostalgic and bright, somewhere in the middle of all those feelings, in that time.
Well it's not very emotional for me, so probably easier for me to go fast through most of the stuff. Which is why I'm doing that.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!