Thread: Copic Chatter
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #3985
bejoyce
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiejdavis View Post
I'm so new to the Copic craze and need lots of pointers. I did order some Copic brand paper but goodness it was sooooo thin. Just wouldn't work for cards in my opinion. I have been using Tombow markers but found that the Neenah paper pilled or rubbed around. Not good. So is there a difference between what Tombows or alcohol markers do to paper? Wish I could use the Distress Markers and the Tombows or the Copics on all the same paper. Is this a pipe dream? Would love to hear some input as I don't have time to scroll through the bazillion other comments....well unless I am under distress!!! LOL.
Clarification: Copic does have some Copic-brand papers, but as far as I know, they are *paper,* not cardstock. AFAIK, there is no such thing as Copic cardstock. As noted in my previous post, Copic recommends X-Press-It Blending Card.

If I'm not mistaken, Tombow markers are water-based. Copics are alcohol based. All the difference in the world! And yes, there's a huge difference in how they behave.

Can you get to a local store that sells Copics? For example, in this area there is an art supply store that sells them (not a craft/hobby store, although some craft/hobby stores do sell them, too.) You have some Tombow markers. Take them with you and experiment comparing the two. Maybe take some different kinds of cardstock with you.

HTH,
Color Challenge Guest Hostess May-December 2014
QFTD215
Are you Ready for HYCCT?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!