Thread: Copic Chatter
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #3984
dottiejdavis
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to dottiejdavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoyce View Post
You'll get lots of opinions on the paper, too. And you're not a pain in the behind. We who love our Copics also love talking about them and anything related!

Copic themselves recommends X-Press-It blending card. I like it fine. You can get it at a good price through Oozak.com (lots of satisfied cusotmers around SCS). Other choices: Neenah Classic Crest Colar White, which I like OK, except that I've had trouble with certain colors, especially reds, bleeding over the outline. I also like Gina K pure luxury white. That one comes in 2 weights. Most of the papers/cardstocks you'll use will bleed through to the back of the sheet, so you'll need to layer. The one exception I've found is that the Gina K heavyweight cardstock is thick enough so that it doesn't bleed through.

I know others have tried some other papers, and I'm sure they'll chime in.

I'm so new to the Copic craze and need lots of pointers. I did order some Copic brand paper but goodness it was sooooo thin. Just wouldn't work for cards in my opinion. I have been using Tombow markers but found that the Neenah paper pilled or rubbed around. Not good. So is there a difference between what Tombows or alcohol markers do to paper? Wish I could use the Distress Markers and the Tombows or the Copics on all the same paper. Is this a pipe dream? Would love to hear some input as I don't have time to scroll through the bazillion other comments....well unless I am under distress!!! LOL.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!