View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #87
Rainsong
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
Hey RS,
Isn't this a horrible road we travel? I am relieved he can get some treatments close to home but the costs are outrageous. One of my 24 hours after chemo shots cost 4995.00 for just one.

I wonder why the neurologist didn't want to continue the Vallium even though it was working But am relieved you have a DR to order it. I had to laugh (thru pain) at Butch' remark about the suppository when eating out. It's good he can have a sense of humor.

Both of you are in my thoughts and wishes all the time. I also know how hard it is to get the energy to post. Take care and I am hoping for the best. You may get those 10 years as one never knows for sure. Love you.
Sammie,

Today has been exceptionally difficult for me, probably due to the cold, rainy weather we're having but it could also be because I've been doing more research. Oh, there's "hope," in a few years. Unfortunately most GBM patients don't live that long.

Avastin is a possibility but it is prohibitively expensive ($100,000 per year) and many insurance companies refuse to cover it, let alone the VA. because it does not cure, only prolongs life for a few months.

Anyway, Butch and I are both hoping you start to feel better soon and that your surgery is a complete success.

Love and hugs to you and Mark.

Rainsong