View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #858
Rainsong
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

This is Mark:
Sandi had to have a complicated surgery last week.

She was in surgery much longer than expected. It lasted about 4 1/2 - 5 hours and then recovery room was about the same. She didn't get to her room until night time. The surgeon had a great deal of difficulty trying to repair the initial BC side and unfortunately she will be facing another surgery. She again stopped breathing several times in recovery and had heart related problems. The surgeon also had problems with the left side. Her skin is so thin that it turns blue from lack of oxygen in both sides. She wants to wait until after the New Year for the 2nd repair which should be much easier.

Her pain level couldn't be taken care of and although she is home now, the pain is quite intense. She had a migraine with dry heaves all night following the surgery to add to the pain. She wanted to come home and now in hind sight, I am glad we came home. She is starting to eat again. She still has 2 drainage tubes in but is far more comfortable. I spent the night there and am glad I did. She needed a lot of help getting out of bed or actually trying to move.

She will need several weeks for healing.
Mark

Rainsong