View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #84
Rainsong
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Sorry it's been so long since posting an update. I think I've been avoiding facing writing about all this.

Butch continues to maintain a halfway decent lifestyle, taking Abby for long walks, working in the yard and house, cruising the internet, but he's also bored silly since he's so used to being able to hop in his van to run errands, get out of the house, etc. Now he has to depend on me all the time.

Treatment continues with his third round of chemo starting tonight. Seizures also continue, usually one per day though there was a day two weeks ago when he had four in four hours. The weird thing is that when he's taking the Temodar (chemo) he doesn't have seizures for the entire five days.

The local neurologist doesn't want to prescribe the Valium for his seizures, doesn't think they work, so we depend on his VA doctor to write the script. The local neurologist did write a prescription for rectal Valium, to which hubby asked, "That should go over well when we're eating out." Since it was a "normal" script rather than VA, I took it to our local pharmacy. They didn't have it in stock but could have it by the next day. Okay....walked out toward car only to hear someone call my name. Turned around to find the pharmacist hot on my heels. She asked me if they pharm. tech had told me the price. Nope.

$297

With prescription card discount.

Normal cost is almost $700.

Cancel that order.

If, down the road, we need something like this, we will ask the VA neurologist to prescribe it.

Earlier I promised to post about clinical trials but I'm just not ready to go into it yet. My apologies.

And now I have to try to find Sammie's thread to post the email from Mark.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers, wishes and support. It means a lot.

Rainsong