Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Stampin Up green

So it seems like such a silly question, but I am in bed with a nasty head cold and think my way through this.

I am a fairly new stamper and so I don't have too many ink pads yet. I do have garden green, which came in a second had set that I got a good deal on. However I often find myself wanting a softer green. So I will be putting in an order soon and I can't decide between wild wasabi and old olive.

Could some of you more experienced tell which you would choose and why? I want to get the most use out of my money that I can.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Sorry to hear you've got a head cold- my DH is laid up with one too at the moment. Hope it clears up soon! I would vote for Old Olive as one of the most versatile SU! colours of all time, seriously, especially if you're looking for a green that's softer but not too pale. Old Olive is a lovely, nature-theme kind of green, and goes with pretty much anything. I've made great use of the ink and cardstock for both masculine and feminine cards.
Get well soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 02:33 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

Not that I don't love my old friend Olive, but I recommend Certainly Celery. It will go well with the green you have for leaves, etc., and you can use it for baby cards, Easter, anything pastel-y yet it is not too light.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 02:38 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

I am a fan of both Old Olive and Certainly Celery. C. Celery a bit lighter and softer green, but you can get a similar effect with Old Olive if you stamp once on scrap paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

I would vote for Old Olive, too, but Gumball Green caught my eye and I love it. Like OO, it matches everything and I think it gives a fresh look! Get both...you won't be sorry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I use both Old Olive a lot and the new Gumball Green. Gumball green is a great GREEN green color. Did that make sense?? LOl!!

Another idea, do you have any of the SU designer paper? If so, look at the pack you have, in the catalog it shows what solid colors are in that paper pack. So if you have more more Old Olive ones, get that one next. If you have sets that use Wasabi, get that one. I know the new Storybook line uses Wasabi so I had to get that one recently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks to all of you who have replied, now here's what I am hearing and what I am wondering.

It seems that pretty much every one loves Old Olive, but no votes for Wild Wasabi.

I don't use DSP much so the only Stampin up pack I have has pinks and grey rather than the green. I hadn't been looking at Certain Celery as I thought it might be too light and maybe too yellowy.

Now I know the colours in the page only give you an idea of the final colour as it is hard to get it right on the printed page, but I was wondering if Old Olive is a bit muddy. In the catty Wild Wasabi looks to be a much clearer green.

And yes I did look at Gumball Green, but two things put it out for me. One was that the green might be a bit bright for what I am looking for, and the other is because it is an in colour, and I am looking for a base green that I can use for many years to come. Now I realise that Stampin Up could well have a big shake up and bring out all new colours, but right now I knom Gumball Green only has a limited life span.

So now yes based on what I am hearing I am leaning towards Old Olive and that will probably win, but I am also why noone likes Wild Wasabi. What am I missing with that one. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Old Olive is definitely a mainstay, it's a softer shade and it will become one of your "go to" inks, but I like to have a few different greens because in my world, green is a neutral color (I know, I really love GREEN). Wild Wasabi is also a handy color to own....somewhere in between OO and GG. By the way, GG is beautiful with grey....OO, not so much!

I only own about 16 different inks and I have found that the color combos are endless. I can afford to buy more, but I don't really need to. It sounds like you are taking a sensible approach to starting your ink collection, so I hope you enjoy your choices. And feel better soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I really love Wild Wasabi, actually. I first bought it when it was an In Color and I have the embossing powder too. I think OO is a more vintage color- it really is olive so more brown in tone. Gumball Green and Wild Wasabi both have a bluer base in my opinion, but WW is a bit less bright. It really depends on what look you are going for. Is there any way for you to have your demo show you the two colors in real life? If not I might suggest buying a paper pack for each color family - a good investment anyway and then you will see the differences in person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #10  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I love WW too! I have used OO for christmas cards and crafts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for all the replies. I keep bouncing backwards and forwards with this, so I am thinking that maybe there will be room for both shades. Green is not one of my favourite colours, but I find that I use it a lot for accents or leaves etc.
Reply With Quote Likes