View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
DigitalStamper63
Polyshrink Goddess

I wonder if I'm past my prime as a stamper as well(?) I found SCS in '07 a year after I joined a stampers 10 group and fell in love with the site especially the SU! gallery since I had just started stampin with SU!

Two years later I lost my job but enjoyed getting out to stamp every month with the club and I still made all my holiday cards. Three years later I no longer stamp with a club and am rarely in my stamping space except to make holiday cards.

There are times I want to stop and just sell off everything; but I still love cardmaking-- even though most people don't send holiday cards per se (everyone seems to send out photo card greetings). So I keep on cardmaking because I enjoy it--over the summer my SIL was visiting and saw the new SU! catty and said "you're still doing the stamping thing"--yes, I am; even though not as much as I'd like to. But that's okay.

I think eventually things will improve and I hope to someday sign up as a demo, but until then I just hold on to the fact that my mojo isn't lost--it's just dormant for the time being.

I do lament that SCS isn't what it used to be--it's far less communal and more business oriented toward member companies and their forums. The original SCS was great; I'd love to see that spirit return to this site.

Hang in there, Wenchie!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!