View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
cpeep
Rubber Obsessor

Here is my take on the second one shown. You would trim off the decorative part on two sides. The untrimmed sides are folded in kite fold.

Here's the tricky part, and mine is not quite right. I have tried all sorts of "logical" places to fold the bottom piece up, but none of them comes to exactly the right place. For what it's worth, though, with the folded square flipped over to the back side, I pulled the bottom up and to the right, making a crease through the bottom right hand corner. The other corner meets the center fold of the top point. You can see I penciled the center fold so you can see it.

Open up the left half of one piece and slide another piece into it at a 45 degree angle. I have a cutting mat with the angles printed on it, which helps a lot.

Also, the left hand corners of each section, which is folded in to the center line when you make the kite fold...they will all be on top of each other. This is at the center of the star. (Where my index finger is pointed in the picture that has both pieces, the green one inside the blue one--on the next post) So when you add each new piece, check that the points are at a 45 degree angle, and that corner is exactly under the last one.

Okay, two pics on this post. Let me put a couple more on another.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0126.jpg   img_0141.jpg   img_0144.jpg  

Last edited by cpeep; 10-05-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!