View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #6048
mrussom
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
mary,

could you share a photo of your calendars, or a link to make them?

if i dont make cards, i would say the average i spend is $5 and i have been guilty of finding one at the papyrus store in nyc and paid $14.95. stupid. but it was lovely and i didnt make cards back then. apparently people buy them, even in this economy because the store is still open!

pretty sure at the show i am doing, no one is paying $14.95 for anything!

$15 for a card! Yikes! Must have been a very special card for a very special person.

Last year's (and some of this year's) craft stuff is in my gallery, feel free to peak at it if you want.

But here is a picture of one of the calendars I made, hopefully this will work:

I use 4x4 coasters as the front and back of the calendar, with designer paper glued to it. The pages are 4x4 card stock, decorated a bit with designer paper. The calendar I found on line and its matted with a piece of card stock. The calendar is about 2x3 in size. Used my crop a dile to punch holes at the top and put a three ring binder ring to keep it all together. Some bind it but I don't have that machine and the ring works just fine.

Corner rounded the corners too because the coasters are. You can use whatever size or shape coasters you have too, mine just happen to be these.

You can decorate more or put themes on each month, but I think you need to charge more to do that. I sometimes do that but the $5 ones sell and I'm still making money on them.

If you have questions, just ask. There's probably a tutorial on this site somewhere, but its not hard to figure out.

MY GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!