View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #19
star
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrose View Post
I miss you, wenchie! And you, too, Starla! But I have to admit, I'm in the same boat. I think it was the blogging that did me in. I stopped posting cards on my blog in August, which meant that I didn't have to make cards for my blog, which lead to not making any cards, period.

It felt as if I was on a treadmill going nowhere...a treadmill that looked a lot like me making cards for challenges and blogs, needing to purchase new product constantly to stay "current", having more cards than I actually needed, having more products than I actually needed, and this same cycle happening over and over again. In the end, I just felt poor and uninspired.

I hate to say it, but it also feels as if the energy level here at SCS has dropped way off. Maybe it's because SCS has become so fragmented with member companies and their own forums. Or perhaps it has more to do with an over-saturation in this craft. I really miss the community feeling here.

I'm not giving up, though. Just taking a much needed break. In the meantime, I'm still being creative with needle art, writing, music, and even doodling and water color painting. I may shift focus and start scrapbooking and art journalling instead.

We need some inspiration, people! Send us some creative caffeine!
Awwwww! Thanks MaryRose!

I have to agree with you on the "feel" of SCS now. I miss the old days of the challenge chasers and the personal feeling the groups had. I still chat a bit with Melody (lacyquilter) and DawnMercedes in the Original Challenge Chasers thread. Just the three of us. So sad!! Guess everyone moved on with being DD, DT team members, etc.

In reading your thoughts, it came to me that the "creative" side is still there. It has just been detoured onto other paths. I've been trying new recipes (vegetarian, even some vegan in the attempt to be more health conscience) and have been trying to get out the camera more. I need to realize that my blog was started to share creativity, in different mediums and does not have to be focused on paper crafting only.

Sooo, THANKS!! Maybe the paper crafting will be inspired by other avenues. Maybe I just need to refresh with something different and new!
Exploring Creativity~blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!