View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #25
paigewithpanache
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheron View Post
I, too, have a mixture of alcohol markers (Bic, Sharpie, Copic, Spectrum Noir) because I am trying to keep the cost down. One thing I just learned about the Spectrum Noir markers: DO NOT STORE THEM ON END. They should be stored horizontally. This comes directly from Bindy, a customer rep at Crafter's Companion in response to an email I sent regarding how to store them:

"No you do not want to store them vertically, they should always be stored horizontally. That way the ink flows evenly from one tip to the other. If you store them up on end the ink could pool at the one end and make a blob on your work."

I know that Copics can be stored on end. I just assumed that was true of all alcohol markers. I'm glad I asked, but now I have to re-think a budget way to store my Spectrum Noirs.

Hope this helps you all. Oh, by the way, I like the Spectrum Noirs.
I store my Copics horizontal too. I purchased a used cd display rack from a thrift shop in my town, went to Dollar Store and purchased for a $1 a foam core board. I cut squares to fit shelves and even have labels printed out with color codes. I love it and hardly cost a thing! Plus I can find what I have easily.