View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:39 AM   #16
flash&rusty
Kookie Creator

I know how you feel. I haven't touched a scrapbook page in well over 6 months (which was my first love), and other than the required birthday or anniversary card when necessary, I hadn't done any cards in forever. Now, I am in full on card making mode because of a bazaar in November for our church that I contribute about 50% of the sales for. But instead of enjoying what I am doing, I am finding it to be just another chore - clean the house, make dinner, organize for tomorrow, then disappear and make cards/paper crafts. I am a bit panicked though, as I have so much to do, and am running out of time to do it.

I think after this year's bazaar, I am going to try and switch streams and concentrate more on other crafts (which may or may not involve paper) to contribute for next years bazaar. Pinterest (which I am hooked on btw) has given me some great ideas, and I have started collecting things to repurpose/recycle/refashion. I think in this crazy throw-away society, seeing projects using previously loved things and giving them a new life is a great motivator to get myself in gear.

I hope your mojo comes back, but if it doesn't for cards, like others have said, hopefully a new creative outlet will present itself.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!