View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #34
michelleh1
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
but what would you pay for a single, quality, stamp elsewhere?
What price would you have expected?
I don't know that I have a set price in mind. I do know that I'd be more willing to pay the price they're offered at if they were wood mounted as opposed to the clear. Even then I do feel they are still over-priced. I do mostly own SU sets, so I guess I'm comparing them to the set price. I do probably over-analyze my purchases because I have a limited spending budget. Hopefully I'm not like most of your customers and you are able to sell many of these!

Here is my thinking. Perfectly Penned is $12.95/set for clear mount. If I only like the 2 birthday stamps, then I'm not willing to purchase the entire set for only 2 stamps. However, if I only want to purchase the 2 stamps, then it's $11.90 for the 2 of them. Only $1.05 shy of the entire set. I'm really not willing to spend that much for only 2 stamps.

With the Word Play it's $28.95/set for clear mount. There are 5 of them which I would probably use (and because it's a larger set I really like that they are offered individually). However, for the 5 I like, it's $26.75. Only $2.20 less than the entire set. If I'm not willing to pay the set price of $28.95 because I wouldn't use all of the stamps, why would I want to pay $26.75 for only 5 of them? The answer is that I wouldn't.

Plus, I would need to purchase a clear-mount block for them, which is even more money. Plus, with SU you have to figure in shipping. I know that by shopping locally I could purchase individual stamps for less because I can use a coupon and avoid the shipping costs.