View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:25 AM   #5
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

I learned how to storm chase in Kansas. What I will always remember in Kansas is the large fields of corn and sunflowers. I would watch the tornadoes drop down in those fields. It sounds like devastation but it was so pretty. I have been in some horrible, horrible tornadoes too. The pretty ones in Kansas were always in the fields. Does that help any? It's hard to make tornado stamps. The ones I have seen I don't like. They always seem so cartoonish.

I get asked this so much when I chased. "Have you seen a flying cow?" Thanks to Twister that is everyone's favorite question, lol. Yes, I have seen a flying cow. I have only seen it once when I was a little girl. I have a friend who chases in the heart of Kansas and he has seen it several times. You could do a flying cow card. Apparently it happens quite a bit in Kansas even though I seen it only once. I did see a skating cow one time during an ice storm. That was more funny than the flying cow. The flying cow I saw was fine. The tornado plopped her down in another field. She was just freaked out.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!