Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with finding an online supplier for embellishments

Hi Everyone,
I feel as if I am lost in the big ocean and would love it if some of you could help me focus. I am interested in finding a supplier(s), online retailers, etsy shop, etc where I can find quality trinkets. Websters Pages, Prima, Maya Road, etc. I would like ornate flowers, rhinestone, bling, trinkets such as keys, charms, stick pins, ornate buttons, resins etc. I just can't seem to figure out with all the online retailers who has the best selection and best prices. I figured some of you must have favorite places to shop. Locally I only have Michael's, AC Moore and JoAnns. No boutique shops left in my area.
Thanks in advance!
Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like scrapbook.com. They have a very wide selection and are good source for one stop shopping. I don't know if they are the cheapest, but they have good prices and they usually have what I am looking for. They are reliable and ship fast.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

CreativePlayStamps.com is also a good place to shop online. Sign up for their coupons and they send them once a month, sometimes more and free shipping over $50 and they ship fast and send a free gift too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks ladies! I'll start there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 05:42 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

I like to shop at SimonSaysstamp.com. They have a huge selection of products, including their own Card kit of the month designed by Kristina Werner.

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Flourishes Stamp Co has some GORGEOUS embellishments including stick pins, ribbon, and other quality embellishments, and they have fabulous kits with the patterned cardstock, ribbon, and other embellishments there too. I LOVE their stamps too, if you love detailed stamps and love to color (many sets are beyond me in the coloring demands, but I hope someday to be up to the task. Others are easier, like the floral 3 set with a flower for each month of the year--those stamps are smaller and not quite so detailed.

I believe that shipping within the US is free with orders over $75, unfortunately since I live in Canada, the shipping is out of my reach, so I have to wait for a way for me to send a package to the US. But I do drool regularly over what is available much cheaper to those of you living in the US.

Gina K Designs sells approvimately bi-monthly kits called Stamp TV kits with cardstock, stamp sets, and embellishments, and then those sets are used in the Stamp TV tutorials that Gina does on Stamp TV. Her tutorials are very clear, and you can certainly use them with or without the kits. She has EXCELLENT cardstock, the first I found that is as good as Stampin' Up's, and her shipping prices are SUPER, even to Canada. In the US, it's free for an order (even with heavy cardstock, and you won't find that for most companies. Even those who offer free shipping, they WON'T with heavy cardstock, but NOT Gina K!!!) over $50, I think--do check for sure. In Canada, the shipping is $5.95 if the order is over $50, and $4.95 for orders below that price, VERY reasonable! I DO have to say I'm heartbroken that they've discontinued my FAVORITE green cardstock, their green apple. May be they will bring it back, PLEASE?!!! I was ready to order 4 packs and it was GONE!!! I LOVE their white and cream cardstock, VERY smooth and ideal for copics and other alcohol-based markers. They carry lovely ribbon, and one neat one for masculine cards that looks like strands of tiny jute held together, my fav!!! Got it for the first time in a Stamp TV kit. Melanie Meuchinger's floral stamps--the BEST!!! It's because of seeing SO many wonderful cards made with "A Year of Flowers" stamp set, that made me finally try rubber cling stamps, and the staff were EXCELLENT in their advice regarding which blocks to buy, etc. GREAT customer service, you won't be disappointed!!! Plus they give a FREE set of stamps (each month or two that set changes, and now their sets are available in cling or clear) when you buy 3 regular-sized sets. So check them out, especially a GREAT place for canadians to shop, as we tend to get really dinged with HIGH shipping prices.

I've shopped at Creative Play Stamps too, wonderful merchandise, great coupons, and fantastic service as well. They are terrific getting in the newest trends.

Simon Says Stamps sells on e-bay as well as in their own online store. MUCH better to shop on their online store!!! For canadian's the shipping is free for orders $75 and up. On e-bay, there is NO combined shipping, for it says you save $1 for each extra item, BUT there's a $1 surcharge for each extra item. HMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So buyer beware!!! But they have TONS of great stuff, just order on their online, NOT through e-bay. Just my opinion though...

Hoping this helps, DO check out Gina K's GREAT tutorials on Stamp TV. They are GREAT for the beginner, or fantastic for the more advanced cardmaker to quickly pick up a new technique to try. I watched the cracked glass tutorial, and had great success in using it on a card (on my gallery--Bill's birthday card), especially for a first try. I look forward to her new tutorial uploads!

Joanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Joanne you are wonderful to post such a detailed response. I will take your advice and check the sites out. You have been VERY helpful! :-P

Beate thank you for responding as well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

HAPPY to pass on my own experiences, we fellow stampers have to stick together! And what I love about SCS is that's exactly what everyone does--help each other out. Nothing feels better than to be able to be there for each other!

Thank YOU for your kind note!

Joanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

For the past month or so I have been using www.scrappingcenter.com
They literally have thousands upon thousands of embellishments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks stampingkate. I'll check them out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #11  
Simon Says Stamp

Beate mentioned that Simon Says Stamp has a large selection of the products you are looking for. Here are some links in the store to help you find the companies you mentioned more easily....

Results for Prima Flowers
Results for Maya Road
Results for Webster's Pages
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

Jana that was so helpful. I'm going to go shopping at those links!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #13  
Simon Says Stamp

I'm so glad Linda!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #14  
Inking Addict

Good question and excellent responses. Didn't want any embellishments til I read this thread. Now I know where to go. Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2012, 04:29 AM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

Hee hee you're welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes