Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamp Set Index Cards ??

Good afternoon SCS folks! Long, long ago... when I was a regular, daily member of SCS, this site created the concept of a stamp set index card, at the time focused on Stampin' Up stamp sets. The index card "lived" at the first post in the gallery and was a card sample with each of the images in that stamp set stamped on it.

I used these to organize my stamp sets and create a binder of all the sets I owned, catalogued by category.

Do these still exist? Is there a good way to find them? I don't see them in the galleries.

thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

There is this Index Cards gallery: Index Cards Gallery: Homemade Picture Index Cards & More - Page - Splitcoaststampers

(Found under Special Collections, Other Galleries on the Gallery page)

Not much there, though, and probably not what you're looking for. Just thought I'd link it since it came to mind.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think maybe the index stamp sample sheet went by the wayside about the time the site was sold to Internet Brands sometime in 2010. I still run across the index sheets in the galleries for the older cards. For most sets though, if there is an index, they no longer are the first entry for that set, but they are mixed in with all the gallery entries for that stamp set. Too bad, I found it very useful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjulierView Post
Good afternoon SCS folks! Long, long ago... when I was a regular, daily member of SCS, this site created the concept of a stamp set index card, at the time focused on Stampin' Up stamp sets. The index card "lived" at the first post in the gallery and was a card sample with each of the images in that stamp set stamped on it.

I used these to organize my stamp sets and create a binder of all the sets I owned, catalogued by category.

Do these still exist? Is there a good way to find them? I don't see them in the galleries.

thanks so much!

They are still there. Stampin Up! Gallery: Cards, Card Ideas, Samples & More - Splitcoaststampers

Stampin Up! Gallery: A to B - Bodacious Bouquets & More - Page - Splitcoaststampers

like this one. A to Z Index Card by galleryindex - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

They may not be the first image you see. But it will have the words Index on it. As a title.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #5  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkippetView Post
I think maybe the index stamp sample sheet went by the wayside about the time the site was sold to Internet Brands sometime in 2010. I still run across the index sheets in the galleries for the older cards. For most sets though, if there is an index, they no longer are the first entry for that set, but they are mixed in with all the gallery entries for that stamp set. Too bad, I found it very useful.

No - definitely not by the wayside!

There's a team on site that works on them all the time on the demo side and does a great job with them. Kthaman, AngelinYTH, and many, many other volunteers. If you find any that aren't the first card, just hit the button to report the image and we will stick it at the top of the gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

As has been said, definitely not by the wayside. Just look at my signature ;-).
When you look through the alphabetical listings, yes, the images that show on that page are pretty pictures, but when you click on any set the first image in the gallery should be the index card if there is one, as Lydia says.
The gallery that fortuosity linked to is really just the index cards where there haven't been enough projects uploaded to merit creating a new gallery.
If you have any sets that we need index cards for, I <3 the people who take time to make them!
Reply With Quote Likes