09-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Splitcoast Team Member
Join Date: May 2004
HYCCT1201B For Kids' Sake Chatter Thread
Challenge Title: For Kid's Sake
Hostess: stamp_momma (Lori)
Date: Monday, October 1st, 2012
Thank you for helping us with our third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! I am SO excited to have you here, and so grateful for your participation in this inspiring event!
Cancer is such an ugly word, and unfortunately there is no minimum age for being affected. We are all familiar with situations where a young child is either thrust into a scary situation full of doctors and strange hospital rooms or they are thrown into odd routines under the care of loved ones while mom or dad fights for recovery.
My challenge to you: Make a card or two for the kiddos! These could be for a child who is called to stand strong much to early by fighting or a child that needs a little extra lovin' while mom or dad focuses on getting well.
My kiddo-appreciated stamp stash is somewhat limited, so in case you are like me, I've attached two cute digi stamp sets with sentiments (one for a boy and one for a girl) and files with just the digi image created just for this challenge. The images were drawn by the talented ever-talented ilikemarkers, or you can certainly choose to use stamps from your own stash. Just make sure it's all about the kids.
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-01-2012 at 09:20 AM..