09-05-2012, 07:53 PM
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Hope You Can Cling To 2012 - Master Challenge Thread
Challenge Title: Show Me What You're Made Of
Hostess: Understandblue aka Lydia
Date: Monday, October 1st, 2012
Hello and welcome to the third annual Hope You Can Cling To Challenge! We are SO excited to have you here, and so grateful for your participation in this inspiring event! If you've been with us for the first two years of this challenge - welcome back! If you're joining us for the first time - welcome! You will all have such a great time and make some great friends. You inspire us!
Because cancer is such a difficult test of a person, I thought we would begin this challenge by showing the world what we're made of, artistically speaking!
My challenge to you is to make a project that reflects the absolutely essential part of your style - the thing that makes you, YOU. You will journey to your stampy happy place and find that go-to design principle that makes you the happiest and most comfortable.
For some of you, it may be vintage, for some it may be a card that sparkles, or one that makes you laugh. All I want you to do in this challenge is BE YOURSELF and tell me what it is in your description that your stamping style is made of.
For me, I am the happiest with very high contrast, clean designs. My favorite card is a simple card on white cardstock with a WOW punch of blue and yellow, or blue and orange. I like very saturated and surprising color combos in a sea of white. My ideal card would look very much like a stained glass window, which is what I think of when I make cards like my sample, attached. Those vivid colors just make me sigh with happiness.
I can't wait to see what YOU'RE made of!
VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery HERE
View the Hope You Can Cling To Master Challenge Thread HERE
1. All Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Hope You Can Cling To Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 7th, 2012 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please package all challenge entries with an envelope, protected with a clear plastic bag and mail them to our partner at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center to benefit patients being treated for breast cancer and their family. We would like for them to receive cards throughout the month of October, but we understand if you'd like to mail all your cards at once.
5. Since these cards will be used by visitors for patients, most should be blank inside, but feel free to send cards with messages of hope for the patients in addition to your challenge cards!
The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030
(Please note - because MD Anderson is part of the State of Texas, they ask that no religious sentiments be used on cards sent to the Cancer Center)
Thank you for participating in this card drive!