Happy Monday, everyone! I am posting this a little early so I won't forget in the rush before I head to work tomorrow. I am hoping that more of you will have an opportunity to play along...
I am so happy to be guest hosting today's Try a New Technique Challenge... My challenge today is for you to incorporate my "Woven Background" tutorial into your card. There are photos attached to help you with the written directions..
1. Choose a die as your template.
2. Cut a sheet of Sticker Paper just larger than your die. (You can run adhesive across a sheet of cardstock, use scor tape, "tear"ific tape, etc.)
3. Next cut your coordinating cardstock into 1/2" strips and as long as your Sticker Sheet..
4. Next peel your sticker sheet backing off just far enough to expose 2 rows of adhesive like so
5. Carefully position your first set of vertical rows and the first 2 horizontal rows on the adhesive and press firmly making sure not to touch the rest of your adhesive.
6. Now pull your adhesive backing down far enough to expose enough "sticky" for your next 2 cut strips..
7. Finish weaving your rows carefully aligning them and pressing to the adhesive.. Make sure you press them firmly to ensure proper adhesion..
8. Run finished piece through your die cutting machine to cut out your woven background.
9. Emboss edges if you choose... Remove woven background from die and assemble card as desired...
This is a super simple technique and looks awesome with all the fantastic coordinating Designer Papers out there... Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.
My sample: WOVEN FLOWERS
(Uses Twitterpated DSP)
TLC397 Gallery Submissions
When uploading, please use KEYWORD TLC397 (no spaces!).
I hope you will play along! Remember there is no time frame to play and anyone can play along... Won't you join me please?
Here is my sample: