View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #101
etsdas
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Update and thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsdas View Post
I am never sure where to put updates, so I will post one here. Some of you will recall sending cards to Betty - early this year (Post 269 in the Destination thread). Betty was diagnosed with lung cancer, and had been given about 6 months. She was placed on an aggressive chemo therapy. In mid summer we had a report that she was doing fairly well, but treatments were reduced to minimize side affects.
I just had an e-mail today that she has had additional set backs. Betty had an apparent heart attack a couple of weeks ago - it had seemed like a digestive problem. At this time, Betty realizes her time is limited, but she has a strong desire to travel from AZ to MO for a family reunion, a wedding, and first visits with 2 great grandchildren. In Don's words, she would then be ready to go Home.
He is requesting prayers that Betty would have the strength to accomplish this. I am sure that additional thinking of you cards would be welcome as well - her travel is to be about Sept. 7.

Betty Vannatta
872 E. Settlers Trl.,
Casa Grande, AZ. 85122

Thanks to everyone for all that you do for so many. I have often been MIA this summer, but will be catching up.
I don't mean to be reporting back here too often, but, on the other hand, I am sure many of you like to know the results of your generous sharing of your talents.
I talked to Betty today for the first time since her trip to MO. She was able to make the trip and have great visits with family. Of course, it was tiring, and it has taken these couple of weeks to recover. There is some concern that her current chemo treatments are resulting in heart problems, and there will be more evaluation tomorrow. Continued prayers are still in order.
Betty asked if there had been another card shower - apparently several of you sent more cards when I posted the above update. She got over a dozen more cards. THANK YOU, thoughtful and generous tea potters. She asked me to convey her appreciation for more wonderful cards - they always help to brighten her day.
My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!