View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #1092
muddy otter
Directionally Challenged Parrothead

Well, everything was final with the divorce at the beginning of the month. I went on vacation somewhere I'd never been just before it went through and that was such a gift--visited friends with Alaska, saw so much of a beautiful state, and caught up with a very dear friend I've stayed in touch with since Kindergarten!

I think lately I've been feeling a bit numb--after the whole roller coaster of all the legal transition I feel a lot like I do when I want to sneeze but can't. I know there's a good cry coming, but it's just not happening. But I feel ok--sad but relieved it's over and peaceful about moving ahead.

I went to two very dear friends' wedding two weeks after the divorce was final. I thought I was fine until I started to cry on the drive 90 min out of town and made myself hold it together. Once I got through the ceremony it was a wonderful evening with dear friends but the ceremony was really hard. I guess that would have done it for the good cry but I didn't want to do that during their wedding and managed to hold it together.

I hope everyone's ok. Other than feeling kind of exhausted and relieved, things are good. I hope everyone else is doing ok, too.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!