View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #10
Harley Queen
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by binx View Post
Wow, looks great - both the storage and the tutorial. You must be one very organized person!

A couple of ?s, if you don't mind. You don't have any non-SU stamps? If so, did you buy DVD cases to store those in so they would match your SU sets? also, what do you do when the Tack-it finally loses its stickiness? I've done some of my unmounteds with the Aleene's. I like it, but for me its lack of longevity is a drawback. You probably know something I don't; would you share with me how you make it last?
Oh I own lots of non-su stamps. I store them in the same cases, make similar labels, but I do differentiate the color of the banner at the top. Check out the two pictures at the end of my unmounting tutorial. You'll see stamps from three different companies as an example: SU, Hampton Art and Bombshell Stamps. Paper Chrome: Unmounting Tutorial: Non-EZFoam alternative

As for the tackiness, I haven't had that wear off yet. In fact I've had the opposite problem of it being too tacky and I cured that by picking up some lint off of my clothing. Maybe it helps to have them stored in those CD cases, not sure. Now if it does wear off, I would expect the first thing I'd try is to clean the back of the stamp lightly with soap and water to remove any debris. If that doesn't work, I know I still have plenty of the adhesive left over to give it another light coat.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!