View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
Harley Queen
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney56 View Post
What do you do if the unmounted label is not usable? Have you ever used vinyl, tissue paper and Stazon ink to make a replacement label?

Great tutorial!
Good question.

If it was a label that I tore while removing, I applied it in two parts. Worked well.

If the stamp didn't have a label such as some double mounted stamps, I didn't worry about it. I have the image on the stamp case insert for reference. If the stamp needed additional tackiness, I applied Aileen's Tack it Over and Over right to the foam cushion.

For some non-SU stamps without images, I didn't worry about it and again used the insert for reference and treated the back of the cushion if additional tackiness was needed.

Now I did have an issue with colored labels on some stamps. I had the color come off on two of them. After that, I didn't worry about the label and for most saved the label and adhered it to the inside of the stamp case along with a little label that identified the brand or name of the stamp. If additional tackiness was needed, I again treated the cushion.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!