View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
deborahmegan
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I live in Oklahoma City and have attended the Affair of the Heart many times over the years and enjoyed it. It is a 3-day affair here, and you can go multiple times.

It has changed through the years, though, in my opinion. It really used to be a marketplace for lots of handmade items. You could find some really unique things.

The last time I went was a couple of years ago, and I was disappointed. There are more and more "storefront" type booths from all over the country. It has gotten very commercial, and the handmade things are in the minority.

I remember long lines at a booth that manufactured velour bunny rabbits. They were cute, but machine made, with monogrammed ears. You had to place an order and they sent them to you.
Hi Bugga!! {waving} You're one of my favorite SCSers because I ran into you in real life, do you remember???

Those bunnies sound cute, but the one is Tulsa is very commercial, too. I've not lived in Oklahoma that long, but the original handmade sounds really cute. There's other handmade craft shows (like Alliday) that sound good, too. I haven't been, but I'm hoping to this year!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!