View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #12
canada goose
Insane Embellisher

I have been making my own flowers for several years, even before they became so popular for embellishments.I love to play around with different punches and die cuts and mix and match to make original flowers. I usually call them my fantasy flowers as I am the " hybridizer". I also garden so it helps when making different centres.

I have made the rolled roses by cutting them freehand in a plain circle, as well as a scalloped , both in felt and paper. Even the cheap felt ( first try) from Mikes makes a fuller rose than one made of paper with the smallest Memory Box rolled die . I have noticed that there is a difference in felt and a better quality makes for a nicer flower.I have even made a 2 toned rose out of felt but looks more like a button lol. I have scrunched my papers, wet them with water, as well as sprayed with spray starch. I have twisted and turned with tweezers and pushed and pulled. When I make a flower nothing is sacred. I have to agree that when you scrunch as well as moisten the paper, it gives a whole new look to a flower. I keep samples of all in case I need more, as I almost never make the same one twice so need something visual. Have to agree they are so addicting.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!